Mirt 7 weeks!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well av been on mirt. 2wks at 15 mg. 1wk at alt 15 and 30 mg. this is 4 th wk on 30 mg. still feeling flat. Tired and clumsy. See mht on Tuesday but really don't think want to keep on this. Do you think I will have bad withdrawal when start to come down.?Would like to start slowing down now but don't think u can half the 30 mg. only have a few 15 mg left.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Cathy

You will benefit greatly from ready "Withdrawing from Mirt'" on this forum - there is no way anyone can rush off it - I think it takes months but it's best you read for yourself.

Best wishes

• Posted

well hubby and i had a talk and i have went down to 15mg!..have enough to keep me going till i see doc a week on fri..dont know if i will get a bolliking of mental health people on tues..did notice a ridge on 30mg tab..anyone know if you can split these and ok to take?
  • Posted

Hi Cathy,

Seeing as you've only been on Mirtazapine for four weeks, you shouldn't have any terrible withdrawal symptoms. From my personal experience I'd say it normally takes about four to five weeks for your body to completely get used to the drug. Four weeks is a very short time to be on Mirt - some people stay on this drug for years! When you start to taper off, just take it slow, there's no rush. You will be fine smile

Best of luck to you.

• Posted

Hi sapphire. It's been 7 weeks altogether 4 on 30mg. How are u doing now are u on to anything else??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.