mirt to effexor xl

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi all..i have been on mirt since march..usual dosage..15 up to 30 then 2 weeks on 45 but saw doc on thursdayand am now changing to effexor xl..was told do 4 days on 30mg which i hav done,  4 days on 15mg then stop and start 75mg effexor..will this be ok as not been on mirt as long as some of u have been..dropping to 15mg tonite..advice please.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Some people have no problem dropping from 30 to 15 so the only way to tell is to do it, all you would feel is the inability to sleep I would think but nothing drastic. But if you do feel sick which I don't think you will call the doctor back and ask for a better plan. Ask her why not go to 15 and start the effexor once you are stable on effexor then drop the mirt? I believe they are comparable but the only way to know for sure is to call your pharmacy and find out. If I were you I'd also ask to speak to a PHD pharmacy and not a general pharmacist ...just to get the best advice possible.

the reason doc plan might not work is because what if you go on the effexor and have mirt WD, you won'tknow if it's the effexor or the mirt WD, which one is the problem? Anyhow you have time to straighten it out don't rush that's the key.

why these doctors put anyone on 45 mirt amazes me because I've not heard one success story then again if they were being successful I guess they wouldnt be here. Probably our on Wall Street right now making millions.

• Posted

thanks for reply rose..im defo going to 15mg tonite..see how i feel after few days..should i try few days on 7,5 as well before i stop..
    • Posted

Cathy hi, Mirt' should carry a VERY STRONG HEALTH WARNING regarding withdrawal ... do not take what Rose says lightly, she really knows what she's talking about, and weaning off slowly MAY save you a nightmare time - Mirt' withdrawal kicks in 2 to 3 weeks after stopping - so ... your choice, only saying.

I wish you well a safe & comfortable journey off Mirt & on to effexor xl

• Posted

thanks calmer..my doc seemed to think i should be ok..but i do hav my doubts..i know hav been on it a lot less as some folks on here..(10wks)..will take it day by day..are you still tapering off too?

• Posted

Hi Cathy,

Sorry not to answer earlier, I switch off pc/tablet etc 8pm.  No not tapering YET, came on here to see how others are getting on and gain/research in time to come off September, if all is well then.

Been on Mirt' 15 mg, never increased or decreased and so far been just about ok, apart from weight gain, fatigue pm ggrrrrr.   I think when you increase or decrease sharply i.e. by more than a few mg - that seems to be the time people are saying they get into trouble with more anx', more dep, more gastro troubles and all together a rotten time.

However, I hope you have an easy time switching, like you say, you havn't been on it long, and we're all different.

Wishing you well Cathy.

• Posted

Stay with mirt 15. Get stable go slow and when you feel the effexor working then maybe step down but not till then. Calmer made a good point that some people are un aware that true MIrt WD does not happen for 2/3 weeks after last pill, so this is just a warning to you  from your body the chances are you'll be affected by WD. So talk to doctor and pharmacy and keep posting for support and help. It's very difficult for some to get off. So don't be hasty. Good luck, good health to you! 
    • Posted

oh hi Cathy sorry I didn't see this

send friend request to

ppwindowrepairs, she can add you from there good luck and PM me if you can't find it. ❤️

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.