Mirt v Citalopram-confused

Posted , 7 users are following.

Been on 15mg of mirt now 3 weeks tapering off citralopram. I was fine first 2 weeks now im off citralopram I feel the old depression creeping back in and i dont like it.

​So its either stop the mirt and dont sleep and go back on citalopram and feel happy again, or stay on mirt and see what happens. I hate this feeling, I was quite happy on Citalopram (but no sleep)

​Please help I am hating this sliding back into depression feeling.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Give it time id say another 2 weeks or ask ur doc if theres an option to use both ive heard others being on both
  • Posted

Hi iam on 20 mg of fluoxitine in morning and 15 mg of mirt at night so i dont see why dr couldnt give you citalopram alongside the mirt as i know when i was at my worst i couldnt have got through with just one tablet so deffo see your dr again
  • Posted

Hi Debbie,

It sounds like visit to your Dr. or PDoc is in order to get meds straighted out.

Wishing you well,

Karin

• Posted

Thanks guys

​Even on citalopram in the morning and mirt at night it seems one is outweighing the other sleepwise. Citalopram has a side effect of insomnia while the mirt helps sleep.

• Posted

hi debbie i tend to agree in  weenett  mirt can take upto  4 to five week for the full affect of mirt doses to kick in  on medication changes the one that knows best is yourself and the influencing affect of the medication the person is on.  and wish you well.
  • Posted

hi Debbie, if citalopram  was keeping you OK then I would not go anywhere near Mirt.

Your sleep issues will require some alternative strategy 

• Posted

Hi Drew Ive knocked Mirt on the head last night, gone back to just taking Citralopram, didnt sleep a wink last night til 5am, so got about 3hrs sleep all night, but feel much better already today(besides the tiredness)

• Posted

Hi Debbie.I would hang in ther for a couple more weeks or so and then talk to doc in the mean time.Any reason they can't keep you on both or is one repacing the other?God Bless You,Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.