Mirt WD Diet

Posted , 3 users are following.

This subject may have already been discussed, but if so I missed it. I am into week 12, and my main issue right now is abdominal gas, and constipation causing cramps that are waking me during the night, and if I have them at bedtime, keeps me from going to sleep. The pain changes location as things slowly move along, but is significant. Is there anything that anyone uses as a diet that helps? I tried a fiber supplement, and it blew me up like a balloon, only got worse. I am trying now to address each symptom. I feel that if I can address what is disrupting my sleep, the rest will help the other symptoms. Things in general seem to be improving. Still on the roller coaster, but the ride doesn't seem as rough. I want to thank everyone who has helped me through this so far. I have a friend who is a pharmacist, and since I have been going through this, he has been researching it to see if he could offer some relief. He said that he couldn't believe what he has read from numerous sources. According to an average of a number of sources, the average time from stop to feeling fairly normal, considering length of time on the medicine, taper or cold turkey, is 6 months. If his sources is accurate, then maybe the stress would be a little less because folks that are going through it wouldn't worry so much about not being better sooner, and just concentrate on day to day. You guys helped me to be patient by sharing your experience. Imagine some unfortunate person that doesn't have anything to help them along. I wonder how many suicides are the results of this stuff. During the 7 years that I spent working in the ER we had more than our share of suicides brought in with no explanation as to why, other than,"oh he or she had been depressed". My prayers go out to everyone going through this.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi,David, Believe me when I say I know where your coming from,when it comes to tummy problems. I've also heard the same as your Pharmasist friend,but I've also been told that about a lot of other drugs.

Going back to tummy problems my IBS is more painful now than before I took the Mirtazapine,when I told my doctor this his answer was ' well there you go then the Mirtazapine works' ahrrrrr," give me strength "  Ive not really got any answers for you,but next Wednesday Im going to see my Gastrolergist who apparently is the best in the UK.  I've tried everything so we'll see what he can suggest. I travel around a 100mile round trip to see him.

As for sleep I take sleeping tablets if the pains really bad and I can't sleep I take 2. If I can get to sleep the pain subsides untill I eat again the next morning.  I know what it's like to loose sleep it's hard to cope with the coming day.   Sort your method of sleep David at least that's a few hours pain free.     Sorry to rant on but I can so empathise with you.

Should I get any satisfaction I'll let you know. Take care.

• Posted

Thanks Norma, let me know the results. You take care as well!

• Posted

Wishing you well David, it's been a rough ride for you. I hope you are through the worse of it. 
    • Posted

karin, I hope that I am through the worst of it. I have several ladies tell me that they noticed improvement at 12 weeks, and I am in week 12 now. I still feel like I'm on a rollercoaster, as I still have bad days, and no way of knowing what is coming next. But over all I think that things may have turned the corner. Right now I am having digestive issues, and when they calm down I will be able to sleep better. And, I thank you folks for guiding me through the worst of it. This has really been a trying time for me, just like the rest of you. God bless every one of you! David
  • Posted

Hi there David

good to hear from you! Please don't shoot me down, you said you had increased fibre, did you increase fluid intake? Lots and lots of good old water-note, I'm not too good at doing this myself! I drink loads of tea (a British pastime) and decaffeinated coffee but I don't drink nearly enough water . Tomorrow I will definitely make it a new daily practice. Lol🍼

• Posted

Sheila, I will give it a try. I don't drink nearly enough water. Lately just enough to wash down pills! And why would anyone shoot you down? I would love to visit your country. My son has been there several times, and ne loves it. He went to the University of Salamanca in Spain to get his master's degree, and Heathro was a stopping place on the way. He and I both love the British version of English better than ours. More colorful I think. Sheila, like I have said, if I can get this digestive thing under control, it will help my sleep, which will help everything else. Nice to hear from you again! I hope that you are doing well, David

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.