Mirt WD Digestive Symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am over 6 1/2 months since stopping, and am still having abdominal cramps, churning bowels and abdominal pain. That, along with not much appetite and weakness is seems to want to hang around, and I am miserable because of it. Any replies appreciated. David

0 likes, 32 replies

32 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Did you come off it very slowly?  When I quit Seroxat I was stopping at the rate of a large crumb per week, it took me ages.
    • Posted

No Valerie, the last try was cold turkey, which was a big, bad mistake. I feel like that is a big part of the price that I have paid. I knew nothing of what I should have done until it was pretty much too late. Loss of appetite is a big withdrawal symptom, resulting in weight loss and loss of energy if you don't eat well. But, nausea is also a symptom, and that kept me in the bathroom vomiting until my upper abdomen and ribs were sore from wretching. Also, I had constipation, which was a new thing for me, as I have IBS-D. I guess it will all resolve. I was doing better last month, but along comes a protracted withdrawal, just what I didn't need. Take Care, David
  • Posted

I didn't post this for a mirtazapine debate, I was just wanting to know if anyone else had similar withdrawal symptoms. I am going to unfollow this discussion, so there will be no further posts from me. I'll leave that to the expert. David
    • Posted

Dear David,

Most of us on here who have followed your story over your months of suffering can identify with most of the horrible withdrawal symptoms you continue to suffer.

My heart goes out to you David and I am so very sorry to know that having some improvement last month you are feeling so bad again.

I had these WD symptoms and many times I felt like giving up and restarting mirt.

I consider my self to be very fortunate as compared to you and Norma I have been so lucky.

Having said that there are days when symptoms return but they go again.

I think you are wise to unfollow David as you certainly do not need further anxiety and lack of understanding.

You have kindly helped others even though you have been feeling so sick.

I remember your kindness to me when I began taking mirtazapine.

May you have better times ahead and look after your self David.

Sunbird.

• Posted

Well said Sunbird,I'm really pleased your feeling better. Well done.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.