Mirt withdrawal help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been on mirtazapine since July 2019. I have never felt good while on it. I was having dry heaves due to anxiety every morning so went on this. It did help stop the dry heaves. I am trying to taper off. I was taking 7.5 mg and down to 5.62. I got down to 3.75 but dry heaves started again so went back up. I wake up every morning 5 am and feel exhausted, diarrhea, cold then warm, nose stuffed up constantly. SLOW tapering isn't helping. Thinking going cold turkey because can't feel any worst. I am also on Celexa which been on for 15 yrs. It was lower to 20mg while on mirt.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Pam, I've also been on Mirt since July. I've tried to reduce my dose twice and got down to 3.75 and then stopped altogether as I felt OK, but 3-4 days later I started to feel sick, faint and dizzy. Both times I reinstated the dose and now I'm doing a slow taper, 10% or so every 3-4 weeks. I'm currently on 6.75. I would love to go cold turkey, just to be free of the drug, but am worried about not being able to continue working with the probable side effects. I have felt OK on it, just sedated most of the time and, of course, have put on lots of weight very quickly. I now have back and rib ache, which I have never had before. Good luck if you decide to go cold turkey; if you feel so bad on it you probably won't feel much worse!

• Posted

Thanks for your comments. It is so hard getting off of this. Luckily I am not working. Got down to 3.75 mg also and went back up. If I get brave enough might go CT. The mornings are the worst.

• Posted

could be cit withdrawal! ive stopped mirt 3 times cold turkey, ssri's are a different beast altogether x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.