Mirt withdrawals worse at week 10,Worried???

Posted , 7 users are following.

Can anyone reassure me that it's still the w/d's, I've had intrusive suicidal feelings at week 10, can this happen?,has anyone come across this on hear?

I can't talk to family or friends because I'm not sure myself,so scared,

Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Definitely speak to your prescriber, have you read the information leaflet that comes with the medication? I know you don't want to but family and friends are the best therapists you could have, however not the ones who say "what have you got to be depressed about" and ones that say "snap out of it" basically things like to that, they don't help and quite frankly make us worse... you'll get through this, keep writing, we will keep responding, you're not alone, I may sound cold hearted at times and a bit abrupt, as mentioned elsewhere I say things how I see it without rose tinted glasses or sugar coating etc.. it's gotten me into plenty of trouble, you will get through this smile

• Posted

Hello vikki.

Could you please tell us more details? Did you come off completely or just lowered the dose? From my experience I can say that I experienced W/D even after 5 months after lowering the dose from 15mg to 7.5mg. Be patient and in case of need, please, just talk to your relatives or friends...it is very helpful to spend some time walking in the sunny weather. Unfortunatelly here in middle Europe it is not possible nowadays but maybe you live in better area.

• Posted

I am at week 12 from complete cessation from mirt.  At week 10 had the most horrific depression.  Never had this before.  This has slowly gone down over two weeks but is still present.  I only took mirt for 9 weeks but those weeks were the worst in my life.  The anxiety I had over the 9 weeks was  100 times worse than those I took medication for.  Now at end of week 12 feeling better but still having problems.  5 weeks into taking mirt I developed morning palpations and worse anxiety which I am still trying to get rid of.  Without the support of family and friends I would not have been able to cope.  My husband keeps reminding me that I am better than I was but moving very slowly forward.  I feel as though my brain will never get back to normal.   Have really had some scary times.  Tensing muscles are another problem I developed on this terrible drug and am having difficulty going rid of these.  Show family and friends information on web about withdrawal ,not just forums but articles concerning true effect of withdrawal symptoms and how long they can last.  Wishing you a speedy full recovery
    • Posted

Hi Ruth, yes it is very scary. I use to be a Horror Movie buff but not now, all I keep thinking is plz let me see life like I use to. Living life with Mirt w/d's is a very lonely scary world.

I'm making a promise to come back to this forum in a years time to say if the w/d's went, come to think of it no one has been back! I'm so anxious that when I say I'll come back I'm already worrying that I might not be around to come back, how sad is all this. Anxiety has a lot to answer for and I'd do anything to live my life Anxiety free, I just want to be happy,

This drug company has taken my life,

I hope the reasons for not hearing we live again from people is because these people are living again,

Wow how messed up do I sound,

We all deserve so much more than this, take care everyone.

• Posted

Forgot to add thanks for support from this forum and to those who post vital information and support.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.