Mirt withdrawl horrendous

Posted , 4 users are following.

Been on Mirt for 6 weeks and didn't agree with me at all, zombie and emotionless come to mind!

Did 2 weeks half dose at 7.5 and then a week at 3.75, now into my 6th day and life is hell, sleepless nights, depression during the day and my guts hurt so much, all of my abdomen is in pain, burning chest, lower ab cramps and general nausea. Is this really normal? Spoke to CITA , who were really understanding but unfortunately they have no more funding and are having to shut down next week. Reeal pity.

Please tell me I am not going mad but these are the withdrawl symptoms!

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Hi Paul, yes those are typical withdrawal symptoms, although they are very severe for someone who has only been on mirtazapine for 6 weeks. If yoou have a look at some other threads, there are a number of them regarding withdrawal from mirtazapine and how hard it can be. I tried to come off them around 6 months after starting and feel so ill I went back on them. I have now been on them for 3 years and dread having to come off. However they really suit me and the only bad side effect is weight gain which I have now just about lost so I'm hoping to stay on them for the forseeable.
    • Posted

Spoke to someone at CITA and they had just been talking to someone who'd only been on for 8 weeks and took 8 weeks to come of!

I do suffer from bad/ sensitive guts anyway but this just seems to have exaggerated everything. I will openly admit to hypochondria also and jump straight from A to Z with symptoms, I really struggle being rational.

• Posted

Hi Paul,I was put on Mirt for IBS in the first place about 6yrs ago. To cut a long story short I've been WD now for months,I've come from 45mg to 12.5mg at the moment and like you my Stomack is killing me,it's worse now than it was in the beginning.   So yes you are probly Haveing bad WD           Considering you have a bad Gut as you say.   My suggestion to you is don't stress and if Tummy pain gets to bad go back to your GP.  

Although i dont think GP really understand the horrendous WD symptoms.

Good luck and take care also try and keep calm

• Posted

Hi Norma,

Saw my GP today and was just in complete denial about the wd symptoms, actually said he'd never heard of any! Then proceeded to ask me what he wanted me to do???

• Posted

There you go Paul,why on earth do they give drugs out that they no nothing about.   And when they say what do you want me to do well don't get me started.   I've had my fair share of so called medical proffestion if it weren't for my gobby son I wouldn't be alive today.  

Hes the GP he should know that's WD.  If your Tummys playing you up paul just take some Paracetamol and try and relax read,tv,films anything to take your mind off it. You could also have a look on the MIND website.

Take care Paul and just keep calm and ride it out.

• Posted

they are withdrawl , why didnt you just lower your dose and carry on. all ADs make you  bit zombie they are slowing you down its there job.
  • Posted

Your not going mad, I was on mirtizapine for 3 months,I hated the way I felt on it and came off to quickly,it's taken me just over 3 months to feel human again,I couldn t sleep or eat, hot and cold sweats,heightened anxiety, vertigo,I ached everywhere!!! It can be hard but it does get better x
    • Posted

It seems to have gone to my guts, pain most of the time and bad indegestion, only been a week though so should I expect this for a while longer?
    • Posted

My Tums the same Paul,so don't worry to much about that,it is WD symptoms. You probly will have it for a while longer,but it will get better with time.   

Patients is the key.

• Posted

Hi Paul,everyone is different,but yes I m afraid it could go on fior a while,it will get better though,just hang in there,take care  x
    • Posted

8th day now, diaharrea, abdominal pains, aching body and massive mood swings, crying a lot also, don't know if I can go on with this?
    • Posted

2nd week now and horrible pains behind sternum and heightened anxiety. Doc says nothing to worry about medically and to top it of has said to go on citalopram!
    • Posted

Hi Paul, I understand how you feel my Tum is really painful. But I think Anxiety is part of the prosess,although not pleasant. I find my Stomack pain causes the anxiety,my GP gives me Diazapam for the anxiety and it also is slightly calming for my Tum.  It's suits me just fine.  One of my worsed WD symptoms is though the temper.  My husband and I have just had another row,and my anger is just evil.  But him being a man can never be wrong right.

You just hang in there Paul we will do this. Just tell yourself it's all to do with WD.        Take care.

• Posted

Hi Norma,

My doc won't prescribe me diazepam! Could you post me some? Lol

Nausea and itchy sensations inside and out?

X

• Posted

Would if I could Paul, It seems never ending at the moment. Anxiety not being my problem,it's the extreme pain in my Tum.  Can't wait for bedtime and sleep and peace.   Sleep well zzzzz

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.