Mirtazapine - 12 weeks off - now dizziness!!!

Posted , 8 users are following.

Alright,

So I'm about 12 weeks off I think.. After tapering off 7.5 -> 1.x something for 3 or so months.

Had bouts of major fatigue weeks 4-10 or something which gradually got better.

After that I became a little bit anxious and tense these last couple of weeks, not I've had constant dizziness for a week. Not a spinning dizziness, just problems with balance, like sometimes when you stand up too fast after sitting, although in my case it's more or less constant.

What the f***? Is this still withdrawal or is there something else going on?

I had a cold with runny and stuffy nose the week prior, but I visited a ENT doctor and she said there was no problems with those areas. I don't know what to think.

I'm contemplating popping a mirtazapine pill tonight. What do you think?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi I would then you know for sure if it's mirtazapine that's making you feel bad.

• Posted

I would give it time Jeffrey.  I'm sure it's the WD still, I've read dizziness in the symptoms.  Some folk have Windows & waves for much longer than the time frame you are at.

Even if you did try a Mirt tablet it may not show any relief immediately/over the next day or two,  although if you continued to take Mirt' it may stop any symptoms eventually... not worth the gamble though if you are wanting to totally quit right?  

Are you sleeping alright?  Any fatigue with the WD??

• Posted

I'm sleeping fine... no issues there.

Just feel bad during the day.. this dizzy feeling started about a week ago, I had been fine for weeks before that.. 

• Posted

and yes, I know dizziness is a w/d symptom. but showing up this far in? 
  • Posted

Don t do it.

Join our support group on fb. Toris Stockford look her up and ask to join.

What was your last dose ?

• Posted

thanks, I did and now a proud member of the group! :D

see you there i guess? :P

• Posted

I have been off Mirt for 4 weeks. Feel I am back to square one as I started it due to sleep problems and I struggle to stay asleep for any length of time now. Do not go back as you will never get off this addictive drug
    • Posted

Same for yoy. Join our group. Look up Toria Stockford on fb and she will add you.

What dose were you on for how long ? How did you taper and what was your last dose ?

• Posted

Jeffy, i am 15 weeks off, experiencing all the same. Its w/d still, imo. Dont pop that pill, you have worked too hard.
    • Posted

Jeffy

iof mirtz heading ton17wks and still get dizzy... don't start the pill again you have came this far. It definitely gets better.. have you joined fb ?

kaz 

• Posted

hi! i know this post is 8 months old now and hope youre past the wd but for anyone who is in a simmilar boat to how you was ask the doctor to prescribe prochlorparazine. it really helps the dizziness and its non addictive.

im currently tampering off mirt and i take 1 ondansetron in the morning 2 prochlorparazine in the afternoon and another ondansetron at night.

this is really helping to minimise the nausea and dizziness during wd!

• Posted

hi! i know this post is 8 months old now and hope youre past the wd but for anyone who is in a simmilar boat to how you was ask the doctor to prescribe prochlorparazine. it really helps the dizziness and its non addictive.

im currently tampering off mirt and i take 1 ondansetron in the morning 2 prochlorparazine in the afternoon and another ondansetron at night.

this is really helping to minimise the nausea and dizziness during wd!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.