Mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Woke up again this morning knots in stomach, trembling legs, wretching it never goes away. Just wish it would all stop. Trying to get help is like banging your head against a brick wall. Just how bad have you got to be before you get the help you need. If I had the money I would go private.

Just want my life back, fed up feeling like this everyday, taking meds that seem to do nothing, suppose to be starting a cbt course on monday, cannot sit still at home, what will I be like in there.

Sorry about the moaning, just so fed up with it all.

From

Danielle.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Danielle

so sorry to hear you are going through such a terrible time,I have been feeling the same and its horrendous.Its not really living is it?I have been living like a virtual recluse for weeks and its only now when my meds have been changed yet again that I feel some hope.

I too am very restless especially at night,my limbs wont keep still somehow and i have to take diazepam to relax the muscles which isnt ideal.I think psychiatrists have such a massive caseload you dont get to see them as often as youd like and need.Do you have a CPN ,mine manages to get me apointments when I need them,she is also good to talk to on a weekly basis about all of this we have to suffer.Please dont give up,tommorow may be a better day,am thinking of you

Jo :wink:

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Jo, I couldnt take anymore this morning, I have no support from cpn, so I rang the mental health hospital and got an emergency appointment this afternoon with a psychiatrist, he couldnt unstand why my gp has been giving me anti depressants when I dont have depression just anxiety. Cutting a long story short, no more mirtazapine or beta blockers from tonight and he has given me buspirone an anti anxiety med, I also have to reduce the diazepine and go back next week for a review. Fingers crossed this will work.

Hope you start to feel better soon.

My very best wishes

Danielle xxx

• Posted

Danielle

am so pleased you got some help,hope you feel better soon too

love Jo

• Posted

Danielle I'm so sorry you have no support from your CPN. It does seem to vary from area to area what type of support is offered to individuals. I have never had a CPN although I do have a very supportive GP who would make herself available if it was an emergency. My psychiatrist Dr J would also see me if it was an emergency very quickly although I see him privately. I hadn't seen a psychiatrist in three years inspite being on lithium. It can get a bit scary if we dont know where to turn in a crisis. You did the right thing in phoning the hospital. I hope you feel better soon Danielle.
  • Posted

Hi danielle, sorry that you have been having such a hard time, i read your posts the other day. A lot of anti depressants are also prescribed for anxiety, ocd, ptsd etc they can and do treat anxiety well, as well as depression. I was put on sertraline for anxiety and it has worked well, some of them work better than others for anxiety, i was told by my psychiatrist that mirtazapine didn't do much for anxiety, that it was more for depression, sertraline was a better one for this. You asked about buspirone as you have now been put on this, i have been on this and it had no effect on my anxiety, but i have read other posts about it and it has worked well for other people. Did your psychiatrist not say to wean off the mirtazapine? as you may get some withdrawal effects just stopping it suddenly. Good luck and let us know how you get on xxx :wink:
  • Posted

Hi Charlie girl, I was told to just stop taking the mirtazapine, he did say I might have a few rough days, but today has been ok, went shopping, didnt really want to take the diazepine, but because of the length of time I have been on it, I have to taper it down. Just hope it all goes well with this new med, I am also starting a cbt course on monday. There doesnt seem to be much on the net about peoples experiences of buspirone, dont know if thats a good thing or not, did it not do a thing for you, did you have any side effects whilst you where on it???

From

Danielle

• Posted

Hi danielle, i took buisperone for a while, i can't remember exactly how long and it did nothing for me, not to say it won't work for you though.

I don't remember getting any side effects from it luckily.

Have you tried sertraline? i know you have said that you have been on a lot of antidep lately. Sertraline really worked for me and the terrible anxiety i had i have been on numerous antidep as well and was beginning to loose faith, i asked the doctor for this one myself. You may find some more info on buisperone if you search for buspar. Hope you start feeling better soon x take care danielle x

• Posted

I give up! This drug is like the res, SH 1T. I am now very fed up. temper, low esteem switched phone off, I hate me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.