Mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

Could anyone help i have been on Mirtazapine 15 mg, for 5 days now and fell absolutely terrible in the daytime with them. Spaced out, dizzy, headache, doped up, even having troble writing this post. Will this last all the time?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had the same experience as you , but also a craving for food I never experienced in my whole life . I stopped the Mirtazapine and went to my GP ASAP I am now on 20 mg of citalopram a day. My sleeping pattern is not what I would like it to be but my goodness what a difference I feel in myself !! 
    • Posted

Hi

Thank you for your reply, I have been on Citalopram for about 18 yrs and was taking it up to 5 days ago as it wasnt helping any more. Not sleeping, started to feel more depressed, upseting my stomach eg, went back to the doctors and thats when he put me on Mirtazapine. Took half a mert last nigt and  woke up at 12 today, felt even worse sobbing because i feel so terrible, havent even managed to have a wash or get dressed because i am that bad. went back to bed at 4 till 7.70 still feel terrible. Not sure what to do tonight? take half a tablet again or not take one, so frightend please could anybody advise xx

• Posted

Couldn't agree more with previous persons post.
  • Posted

Hi: lol  At first you feel like that if your not used to it,  be glad most of the other antidepressants make you really hyper,  YOu need to take this medication at bedtime im sure you know that.  IF you take it early enough like 9 or earlier it will wear off by about 2pm or so.  I like it but don't take it every day I take it every other day.  I was on Paxil and celexa before and they have side effects also.  And Remeron, makes you eat alot too,  oh I would highly recommend taking half a tablet.  I cannot tolerate the whole thing that would make me feel awful too.  Sometimes you have to adjust your own meds. lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.