Mirtazapine 30 mgs

Posted , 5 users are following.

I had my dose of Mirtazapine increased from 15 mgs to 30 mgs three weeks ago. I am starting to feel less depressed, but I have developed really bad insomnia. I fall asleep quickly, but I wake up two - three hours later and can't get back off to sleep. I have been given Temazapam (reluctantly), but haven't taken it for a couple of nights now, because I feel quite drugged the next day. So there seems to be a choice: sleep very poorly and feel exhausted but with-it (ish), sleep with the aid of Temapazam and feel drugged. I'm getting to my wit's end with it all. Do I reduce the Mirtazapine?

I'm also angry. I feel that those of us with mental health problems don't get the treatment we deserve. Can't get a doc appt until 7 Dec, but will get on the phone Mon am and badger them. I also want to be referred to a psychiatrist.

Hope everyone is doing as well as they can be.

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi amanda, i agree with tour comments, people with mental health problems

are sometimes treated unfairly. My GP has relunctanty put me back on Diazapam,

i asked her for a referal to a psychiatrist, but she said i would have to go online

and make a self referal!, she did give me a list of addresses to contact.

• Posted

Hi Baz,

I think society has made progress in how it sees mental health, but there's still a long way to go, and I think those of us with these sorts of problems often feel at the back of the queue.

I was amazed that you had to make a self-referral to a psychiatrist! I will ask for a list of addresses.

GPs seem very reluctant to prescribe Z drugs, temazapam or diazapam. Very few of us actually want to take these drugs: it's just that at times there seems to be no other option, and if they can help a bit when you're really struggling, then you take them. I guess the vast majority of GPs have not had mental health problems and therefore, perhaps, can't fully understand.

• Posted

Hi Amanda

Just wondering how you're going now, if the change in dosages did the trick and what you changed? Curious as I'm trying to find the right 'balance' as well. Thanks smile

Jean

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.