Mirtazapine 30mg!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Well that's a week of doing alternate 15 mg and 30 mg!!.. Been upn down wi drowsy ness foggy head .. Think I might do 30 mg for a week starting tonight and hope that the sedative effect stops.. Lots of people saying that 30 mg does this. And helps better with their depression. I do hope so. Fingers xx

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Good luck Cathy! I'm moving from 22.5 to 30 tonight so we can compare notes!
    • Posted

Thanks simone..yes we can compare..what u been like on 22.5 you've not been on it long have u? X
    • Posted

3 weeks on 15, and about 10 days on 22.5. My mood improved initially but my sleep deteriorated. I think I was taking it too late at night so I'm now to taking it 1 1/2 hours before bed after getting advice on here. I've been weaning myself off amitriptyline at the same time so I'm never sure what is a mirt side effect or an amitriptyline discontinuation symptom. I'm now down to 5mg of amitriptyline. I was on 100 mg 6 weeks ago so it's been a bit of a rollercoaster but not too bad. My mood has dropped again in the last couple of days so I've decided i need to try 30 mg of mirtazapine as recommended by my gp.
    • Posted

I was on venlafaxine which I had been on 4 years no problems then got really stressed before Xmas ..bam. Back it came.. So am of that and onto mirt.. 2 weeks on 15mg then this has been my third week doing alternately with 30 mg..doc Thot I should go to 30 anyway to get better AD effect so I'm gonna try 30mg see how it goes..see doc in 2 weeks again..I am still working and really don't like this drowsy foggy eyed feeling.X
    • Posted

I heard that venlafaxine is really hard to come off because of it's very short half life. How did you cope with that? I certainly slept well last night. How about you? Hopefully the drowsiness and foggy head will disappear in a few weeks. Compared to how I felt when I tried a couple of ssri's years ago (absolutely hellish!) I'm finding the mirtazapine side effects quite tolerable. Not happy about putting on 8 lbs in 4 weeks though!
    • Posted

Hi Simone. Well still feeling lightheaded but suppose it's early days having started 30 mg. There are things with me are better but I still hav no enthusiasm for much at all. How's u??x
    • Posted

Hi Cathy,

I'm glad that some things are better for you. Hopefully you'll have some more improvement soon. I'm finding things a bit of a struggle at the moment due to family stress but I'm trying to stay positive. I know things will get better in time. They always do! Hope you have a good night's sleep and a good day tomorrow x

• Posted

Hi Simone. How's things with u. Do you find your eyes weaker in the sun.. maybe just me. Still feeling much same. ...but no worse!smile
    • Posted

Hi Cathy, I'm feeiling a lot better today thanks. Definitely feel less agitated and my mood is better. This happened after a few days of 15, and again with the 22.5 and only lasted a week so I'm trying not to get my hopes up too much. I've not really noticed anything with with the sun in particular but i think my eyesight is slightly blurry. 
    • Posted

Yes, since Saturday. I'm going to give it 4 weeks then reassess. I'm hoping to feel much better by then!
    • Posted

Yes I see doc a week on Friday that will be 2 weeks on 30 mg and 1 week alternate .I am hoping to being better too. Just feeling more upbeat or wee bit enthusiastic about things would help ay??
    • Posted

I know. I'm not very patient. I want to feel better now! However it did take the best part of two years for me to feel like this so I can'to expect to feel better overnight. We will get there though! Have a good day cathy. We're going to see paloma faith tonight so I'm looking forward to that! x
    • Posted

Hi Simone. Just checking to c how u doing. Last 2 days been very drowsy. This morning tho I hav slept still feel tired and wee bit yuk in stomach. Going out tonight first time been in big company for ages. How did concert go?
    • Posted

Hi Cathy,

concert was great thanks! I'm not too bad but it still takes me forever to get to sleep which I hate. I don't feel drowsy luckily and the agitation has gone. Had another couple of stressful family days but things have calmed down again. I did a yoga dvd workout this afternoon which felt great. I really hope your drowsiness wears off soon and have a great evening.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.