Mirtazapine 30mg struggling.

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all. I was On amitryptyline 50mg for quite a few years. Went to my doctor as I really wanted to get off them. So she decided to start me on 15mg mirtazapine and withdraw me off the amitryptyline. I have been on 30mg of mirtazapine for about

5 weeks .between weeks 3 and 4 I felt really well. Falling asleep easily and loads of energy the next day. But since week 4 I feel really unwell again. Feel like I could sleep day and night and irritable with it. I've had to take time off work with being so tired and worn out. I really thought I was On the up after having that one good week. Just wandered if anyone had any similar scenarios that I've had.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi ninja, I am on about week 5 of 30 mg and feel the same thing, felt great between day 6 and day 10 then depressed again then upped to 30, took a week then feeling ok now im on week 5 im feeling a bit agitated??? mirt seems really up and down compared to Prozac which was very consistant
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply Mike. I can't get to see my doctor for a week. I've been on 30mg for five and half weeks. I've felt awful for the last week. I'm not sleeping or hardly eating. I'm thinking of going back down to 15 mg tonight as im. desperate. Just can't bear the thought of another night with no sleep.. Big question is will I be ok doing this.?

• Posted

Hi ninja, maybe go down to 22.5mg first to see if that helps? I was sleeping really well for weeks now on about week 5 I am sleeping 6 hours then waking and not being able to fall back to sleep like usual?? I seem to need 9 or 10 hours to feel rested. This med really seems so up and down imĀ  not sure what is going to happen next!
    • Posted

Hi Mike. I've gone back down to 15mg for the last two nights. I'm still waiting for the doctor to ring me back. Still don't feel very good but not as bad as when I was on the 30mg. I don't feel so wired if that makes sense but quite tired. Taking me a while to drop off to sleep but nowhere near as long as when I was on the 30mg. I just don't think the 30mg agreed with me I've been on that dose for 6weeks tomorrow so if was going to work it would of by now. I was taking 50mg of amitryptyline for years and really wanted to get off them. So my doctor started me on the mirtazapine. Just glad I am off them and see how I go on these.

• Posted

Hi Ninja how are you going on the mirtaz? im feeling depressed again on the 30mg thinking of going up to37.5? it seems like it works for ten days after an increase then it stops?
    • Posted

Hi Mike still don't feel good on. The, 15mg. Taking me hours to drop on to sleep and feeling groggy all the next day. I'm seeing my doctor on Wednesday and I'm really thinking of trying to get off the medication altogether. I've only been taking the 15 mg for nearly a week now. I know that's not enough time to see if they will properly work. But if I'm going to be groggy day in day out I'd rather try and come off them all together. I've got appointment coming up to see a shrink. I think I struggle more with anxiety. I know the 15"mg is a sedating dose but it doesn't seem to be helping me with sleep. Hope your feeling better soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.