Mirtazapine 45mg

Posted , 3 users are following.

can any one help ive been on Mirtazapine 45mg for the last 3 months (suffering anxity and depression for a year now), was on Citelopram then put on Mirtazapine in february. upped doseage from 30mg to 45mg in june as i felt thay got me so far then (BANG) i come down big time tried to carry on with the advice of the psyc doc but its getting harder losing fath now, motivation a big 0 feel so low, crying no matter what i do to help myself i feel nothing. dont know how long i can keep going....   a year on still feel the way i do . 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I have been on mitrazipine for about 2\3 months and I still get lows and cry but no way as much, I think you should ring and ask to see your psychiatrist and easy you want an appointment asap you do have to make a fuss to get what you want some times but I was where you are a year ago so I can understand how you feeling, go back to your gp too and if you have a nurse or care co ordfinator get them involved I don't have a nurse etc so had to fight the system alone but a year on I'm on the right meds and less manic. There isn't a magic pill sadly and maybe it's just a case of accepting that your moods are just naturally errastic, also the weather could play a part so def speak to your gp make as list if this helps I have awful memory :-( and get back to your psychiatrist too and just see what both say. Hope you feel better soon x
  • Posted

Hi Michelle,

I just suggest you find a doctor that can give you a DNA swab test, its a fairly new thing, what it does is matches up your genetic profile and then suggests one of the dozens of anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds that fits your genetic makeup the best.  In the meantime, if you are suffering to the extent you are, I would find a primary care doc that can give you a fast-acting benzo in the meantime.  I know many psychiatrists are trying to stay away from Benzo's for long-term use, but in the short term, if things are that dire, the ends do justify the means.  I almost gave up many many times, there is a lot of inconsistency in the way Psychiatrists treat depression, which I found frustrating too, but something will work, I promise.

• Posted

hi peter thanks for your reply going to see my pyschiatrist on fri will ask her about the DNA swab test Hope!!!!!! they can do it on the NHS or do you think i would have to go private and i wonder how much it would cost. I am willing to try anything at the moment .
  • Posted

Sorry, I'm American, had to lookup NHS, its a very new thing, this test, here more details...OK, so find someone that will administer a  "Cytochrome p450" test..., here's an article on it....http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/two-takes-depression/201407/genetic-testing-better-depression-treatment

What I have found is that there is such a disparity between psychiatrists as far as how patients should be treated, so don't let one single doctor tell you anything, I promise you will find a doctor who will give you this test and will help you, don't giveup...doctors work for you

• Posted

hi peter your post was so helpful just hope something happens soon been ill for so long forgot how it feels to be normal again. seeing my psyciatrist this fri going to ask about that DNA test and also some one repiled to me saying mirtazapine and venaflaxine together worked for her becouse mirtazapine on its own didnt. willing to try anything. i am even going to a pivate pratice to day for EMDR therapy just feel ive got to do somthing cant bear to live like this any more, NEED HELP !!!!!!!!!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.