mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

been on 30mg mirt about 2 months now, last week my sleep went and i been having OCD like negative thoughts about my sleep. all day thinking im not gonna sleep, its never as bad as what my thoughts make out but i still feel suicidal like im never gonna sleep again. docs whacked me up to 45mg as of today. will it work straight away or am i waiting another few weeks for the benefits?? really am feeling low.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Ur feeling suicidal? Id imagine if ur taking it mainly for sleep u'll know tonight if it'll work for sleep? Might b wrong but did it make u sleep first night u took it? Or on dose increases

• Posted

They supplied zopiclone also. But I feel anxious all day and have constant negative thoughts about my sleep.I wish I could care less about my sleep but my brain won't let me

• Posted

So after 7 weeks you started suffering with insomnia?  Did you start Mirt' at 30mg or 15mg?  If you started Mirt at 15mg, how long have you been at 30mg ... trying to see if changing dose from 15 to 30 has affected/knocked off your sleep.  If that is the case then going to 45 mg may not help.

Lets have a look.  

Sleep deprevation can cause anxiety and certainly anxiety about sleep deprevation, including the 'S' thoughts ~ remember this could be brought on as a side effect to Mirt', its not you, it may well be the meds ... ugh!  

Wishing you well Milkyjoe

• Posted

I started on 30mg. I was on citalopram for years and it stopped working. I just feel terrible and got a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach.I really have never been as low as I am right now

• Posted

Citalopram didn't work for me either.  You need to remember, Mirt' is more sedating at the lower doses, your doc may not know that, mine didn't.    The lower doses are sometimes prescribed for insomnia (this was me also) and the higher doses are usually prescribed for depression. I guess sometimes there is a fine line between the two.

I heard others say 30mg made them anxious, so it might be a good idea to chat to your doctor to see if you think this is the case for you.

15mg worked very well for me straight away.  However it isn't possioble to just drop down to 15 mg, you would have to do it in several stages if your doc' wanted you to try.

At least you have Zopiclone, in the meantime.  Some people play meditations from you tube when sleep won't come, try the honest guys on you tube.  Mediation can really help on the middle of the night when you can't find the answer.  

• Posted

i was thinking of splitting the 45mg,but just noticed the pill isnt scored sad

• Posted

So r u still not sleeping on the zop or mitraz? Go back to gp theres lots of sleep meds

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.