Mirtazapine

Posted , 8 users are following.

I've been taking Mirtazapine for 2 weeks, 15mg first week and then upto 30mg nightly!

How long does it take to work and will the drowsiness in the day go away??

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It should start working by a month and the tired feeling has stayed with me but it works differently for everyone. Hope you have do well with it.
  • Posted

Hi Mandy.

As Rob wrote, you should notice the change in 4-6 weeks. Anyway the sleeping should be improved immediately. Unfortunatelly it is also my case that tiredness (drowsiness) has stayed all the time with me. I have been on Mirt for 9 months approximately.

• Posted

I have taken mirtazapine for at least 6 years and at full dose (45mg) from the word go, I do not suffer from daytime drowsiness and never have had, mine works well with me as I am soon asleep,
  • Posted

Hi.bad news is tiredness never goes and I have been on it 2yrs nor do aches nor nausea.There is no way I could hold down a job.I closed my business last year and am living on savings as DHSS refuse me any money.But mirt saved my life so I can't reject it.

• Posted

I started on 15mg a month ago, drowsiness is hit and miss slept like a log first 2 weeks the up and down Al night after that been upped to 30th. Didn't sleep 1st or second night. Tonight is third night, I'm shattered. P'S the dreams are out there, just go with it, they pass, like anything.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.