Mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been having a rough time the last couple months, felt myself slipping so spoke to my doc who prescribed Mirtazapine to take alongside my Fluoxetine.

Since starting the Mirtazapine I have noticed my appetite has increased severely & I really cannot afford to put any weight on when I'm meant to be losing it.

Anyone else have similar symptoms & how long do they last?

Thanks x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi yasmine i also had that side effect but was on it b4 i was ever prescribed fluoxetine. I didn't get to stay on it after 3 mths as it didnt lift my mood and caused migraines to worsen in my case. Hope it settles itself out ...the + weight side effect for me all i can say was still putting on at 3 mths before stopping mirtazapine xx

• Posted

Hi Amanda,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm hoping I'll see a change soon as everyone reacts differently but if not I'll have to explore other options.

• Posted

We all seem to put weight on, it is part of the territory.

I do not know what to suggest, you coudl see how it goes and if not happy talk with your GP

• Posted

Yeah I think I will do exactly that if it doesn't settle down soon. Fingers crossed

Thank you

• Posted

Yeah give it a little longer if no change see the dr as i know for just me personally anything that puts weight on depresses me more xx but like u said everybodys diff. Kp us posted ♡

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.