Mirtazapine

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi

?I've been on citatlopram for many years, but after a bad depressive episode, my GP changed meds suddenly to 15mg Mitrazapine.

?I'm not well mentally, and i've very short and irritable with everyone (that's not like me at all).

?Anyway, the worse part it the weakness in my legs, and feeling faint. I've been on this medication for 9 days now, i'm so stressed about.

?Is this normal? I've never had any problems changing meds before. I think I just want to go back on citalopram, where I had no side effects?

Thanks

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

The most common side effects are fatique, drowsiness, diziness, dry mouth and sometimes irritation, so it is kinda normal and should go away after two or more weeks. I am still going through all of them, but if this concerns you that much, I would definitely let you doctor know right away.
  • Posted

It took a good 3 weeks to feel the beneficial effects after experiencing all the side effects.  I was ready to quit it too but glad I didn't cause it sure helped with sleep and some depression.  I'm now working my way off of it so that I can try Cymbalta. I've been on 15-30 mgs of Mirt for so long (20 years) that I no longer think it is working as it should.  Think my body figured out how to get around it.  I am very suprised that your doc did not wean you off Celexa before putting you on Mirt.  Now you don't know if you are feling the side effects of withdrawal or the effects of starting a new med.  You might want to talk to him/her about that. Just a thot.

• Posted

hi

I have just switched to citalopram,4 weeks after finishing with Mirt. Life is still tough...as it is , but I think Mirt is dangerous stuff so I would get back on the citalopram...the devil you know. 

• Posted

on mirt for some year  and have cronic fatuige after about 20 min on my feet feel like im going colapse legs acheing feeling faint and must sit down  take them on a night and wake up very agitated  last for about 2 hours. wonder if it's the tables??

• Posted

Hi Card.It does have side effects at first I felt very foggy for about a week or two and then it started to get better.God Bless You,Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.