Mirtazapine

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been taking 45mg of Mirtazapine every night for over 5 years. I completely forgot to do a repeat prescription so have to go 2 nights without them. Will I be ok?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

If you go to bed roughly the same time every night you're body will tell you it's time for shut eye and should you feel tired and are starting to yawn just go to bed as it's very much in the system, but certainly no need to worry as you will be ok! If you don't feel sleepy which is unlikely" just wait until you do..reading before retiring to sleep is very good and will make you drowsy, but don't dwell on sleep as you're body for at least 2 night's should be fine.

• Posted

I would imagine you will be fine. It's only 2 nights until you can get repeat prescription and you will still have high concentration in your blood plasma as half life for elimination is 20-40 hours.

• Posted

Two nights is ok. just don't leave it a week like I did. I've known nothing like it. takes another week to recover.

• Posted

yes, it takes a few days to get the meds out of your system. By day four you may well get withdrawal symptoms but everyone reacts differently.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.