Mirtazapine

Posted , 8 users are following.

Can any one help me please im on 45mg mirtazapine and want to cut my pill in half can i do this

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

A standard Pill cutter available at the drugstore will enable you to cut the pill in half. You could also ask the pharmacist what the result might be.

• Posted

For the record, I take Mirtazapine 30mg of the orally disolving tablets. I am not familiar with the 45mg dose.

• Posted

Yes I cut my 15mg in half and GP is OK with it, can't get liquid form of mirtazapine so have to do this so I can eventually come off it.

• Posted

I was on the 15mg pill and mine had the line down the middle which meant I could cut it in half with no problems. That's what I had to do when I was told to take the 7.5mg dosage.

• Posted

Hello Dawn

You should always always talk to your physician and he will advise on how to cut back on your meds. This can be very dangerous and the side effects horrible to the point that it could lead to very serious problems.

• Posted

yeas, u can get pill cutter online or just bite in half. i did that with 15 mg pill.

• Posted

Hi Dawn, it would be easier (and better) to get your doc to prescribe it in 15mg tablets. These can then be combined to make up your actual dose. 22.5mg is not a dose I recognise.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.