Mirtazapine 7.5 mg

Posted , 4 users are following.

Has anyone taken Mirtazapine 7.5mg if so can you please give me some feedback on this medicine.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I am taking 7.5mg. I was on 45mg I have slowly reduced, I got down to 3.75mg then stopped but I couldn't sleep. I went back to 7.5mg to get some sleep. I tried 3.75mg but the sleep was broken, so I increased to 7.5mg. I have a lot on so I'm staying on this for now.

• Posted

Originally for sleep many years ago, I was also on Venlafaxine, for depression, when I had relapses of the depression they were increased alternately over a couple of years. Eventually I was on Mirtazapine 45mg and Venlafaxine 225mg. I developed extreme anxiety, my GP gave me the choice of referral to a psychiatrist or to counselling. I chose counselling and it worked for me in that it brought clarity into what I needed to do. My counsellor informed me that Mirtazapine can stop working, added to that I learned that it affects appetite and metabolism, I've pit on 4 stone since starting it so I decided to give it a go reducing the Mirtazapine. My anxiety went almost as soon as I started the reductions. 7.5mg gives me a good night sleep. I want to get off it but I have study deadlines and can't function without at least 6-8hrs. I've reduced the Venlafaxine as well. I'm now on 162.5mg.

• Posted

HI CATHERINE,,,good for you  keep as u are untill u are ready to move on then reduce the mirt very slowly before u quit altogether  ,,,,,BLUESY
  • Posted

HI PEDRO,,,,,,,i was on 7.5mg mirt for 10 weeks..higher dose;s did not work for me they made me a zombie,,the 7.5mg worked wonders for me ,,,,i had dep/anx/chronic imsomnia/chlostrophobia..i had side efects ,,dreams/sweating/constipation/poor sleep,,,this all improved in time and i feel 99% better than i did 6 mnths ago,,but had sleep problems that is now solved.i have been off the mirt 5 weeks nearly  and not on any medication at all,,i had problems but persivered,,read my posts,,what are u on the mirt for ???  good luck   hope this helps  ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BLUESY
    • Posted

I'm starting it for anxiety hopefully it works for me I have tried a lot antidepressants before and horrible side effects my psychiatrist recommended a low dose to start with.

• Posted

HI PEDRO,,,,,,not many people favor low dose;s of mirt ,,but as i said it worked 4 me give it a try at 7.5mg and see what happens,,you have to persivere with it as it takes time to get in your system and u will start to feel better  did u read my posts it may help u more,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,BLUESY 
  • Posted

Did you guys find 7.5 mg the best dose that worked for you had for insomnia or did other doses work better for you?
    • Posted

Thanks Catherine and I really want to get down as low as I can on the Mirtazapine and hopefully get off completely eventually.
    • Posted

HI ROB,,,as i said before the mirt did not work 4 me very well  only 2-3 hrs sleep but that was better than NONE AS I HAD NOT SLEPTED 4 WEEKS,,,but it did wonders 4 anx/dep ,,,i am now off the mirt[4 weeks] and sleep 5-6 hrs a night so it must have helped somewere along the line,, i no longer take any medication,,i feel flne,,i was on 7.5mg for 10 weeks then reduced slowly to zero,,,,,,,,BLUESY
    • Posted

Bluesy,

So glad to hear that your off of the medications all together and I'm hoping to be off of them all myself in the near future as I feel they do nothing for me also and my life has just gone on a downward spiral since I started doing antidepressants.

Knowing that you were able to get off and your doing well definitely gives me hope, best of luck going forward!!

• Posted

Knocked me out the first 24 hours so halved the pill. Sleep got better but I put weight on.

Currently trying to manage every other day with half a pill or less.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.