Mirtazapine 7 days in....terribke side effects.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

I have raging Bidy Dismorphia causing anxiety and depresdion, concerning puffy eye bags and wrinkles.

I have been taking Mirtazapine for 7 days and just can't cope with the symptoms.

I am reading terrible reviews about this drug and wondered what people's opinions were.

I am so angry and hyped up, l have been violently sick, amongst a host of other things. Yes...l am sleeping but l feel like l have been hit over the head with a brick when l wake up.

I was on Citalopram last time l had depression but had an horrendous time sleeping.

I am just wondering if l can do this without drugs or if anyone has any suggestions or has BD and what drugs have worked for them.

I am slowly going mad on this drug and my doctor says l must stick with it.

Can l come off cold turkey l was going to drop to half a tablet for a few nights and then stop. Will thus work? How long does it stay in the system, side effects etc.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Thanks

Sophie xx

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I’m sorry your so agitated it’s awful I’m trying to get off mirtazapine it’s one of the hardest things I’ve ever done it’s withdrawal symptoms are brutal although doctors say there aren’t any which is rubbish 

I’ve been reducing from 30mg since last December I’m now on 6mg and suffering 

If you can do without this drug then go to your doctor and change it 

• Posted

I agree.  I am in withdrawal now and its awful so get out while you still can.  There must be something better for you out there.
    • Posted

Hi Anne...thanks for your reply. The reason l started Mirtazapine was because Citalopram l took 3 years ago stopped me sleeping. Do you know of a better choice than Mirt, l am trying to do this totally without anything but think l will struggle.

Thanks

Hugs Sophie xx

• Posted

I am sorry i dont know of a better drug but you can askmdr for a referral to mh team who might be better able to help you.

many others on this site to read about mirtazapine, you should do a lot of research and it may help,you.

• Posted

If i will get back my health again one day I will never ever go on on antidepressants ever in my life. All of them has a bad side effect and most very hard to come off. 

4 weeks off mirtazapin the 3rd time and suffering greatly. It is never work for me. I have terrible burning headache since they put me on( 2 years ago) . 

I will just try to exercise!!! That's is the best antidepressants for your brain. 

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Good luck what ever you decide 

Eva

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.