Mirtazapine

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello everyone,

I'm looking for some advise or guidance.

I've had lots of experience with antidepressants growing up and I have a little bit of a fear with something going wrong with medications as I would get sick with them right away for most.

I started on 7.5mg of Mirtazapine for two weeks, doctor wanted me to go on 15mg for two weeks, which I did and I felt alot better. He wanted me to go to 22.5mg for two weeks but I only did for a couple of days before jumping to 30mg. I've been on 30mg for 3 ngihts so far and I feel so anxious, so down, so worried about everything and I feel as though there is something wrong with my relationship while there is not and I just want to cry.

Should I go back down to 15mg? Should I push through 30mg? I just want to feel happy and normal. My sleep is wondering and the weight gain is wonderful because I was severly under wight with no appetite.

Any in sight would help so so much!!

(PTSD, Depression, Anxiety, OCD, BPD)

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Hi chelsea,

I'm wondering why your Doctor wanted you to go to 22 .5 mg as you say you said you felt a lot better on 15 mg? Was it to try to get more efficacy? And why you decided to jump to 30 mgs after a couple of days?

Although many people reportedly do well on 15 and 30 mg (and sometimes higher), I find that I feel worse on higher doses of Mirtazapine and other antidepressants I've tried, I never get beyond a low dose. But - I am ultra sensitive to antidepressant side effects. I also find when I increase dose of any antidepressant, I have to do it slowly and gradually to lessen side effects like increased anxiety and others. But everyone is different.

Maybe 15 mg is a good dose for you as you said you felt a lot better. If you and your Doctor feel more improvement might be achieved, you might discuss with your Doctor increasing your dose more slowly.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.