Mirtazapine after sertraline

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi, i have been on sertraline for about 18 months and have now been changed to mirtazapine. Only on day one but feel really spaced out and odd. Had really restless legs last night and felt weird. Will this last long? Also does anybody have any success on this drug as all i hear are negative things. I suffer from GAD and depression

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If I was you stick to Setraline. Don't go to metrazapine. Surely if you've only heard bad things about it,don't go on it! I'm on Setraline,took me a year to get off metrazapine, my doctor told me he's realised it's a nasty drug . Have you seen any good things said about it? Leave it.

Take care.

• Posted

Don’t go on Mirtazapine it’s on of the worst drugs ever . It’s a nightmare believe me . To get off it you’ll go through hell
  • Posted

Hi Kathryn

I've been on mirtazapine for nearly two weeks now. I am disappointed as it is supposed to help you sleep but it doesn't knock me out at all. I too suffer from GAD and bipolar disorder. Has it knocked you out at night?

• Posted

I have been on 30mg for about a year and can honestly say it has done little for my GAD and depression. It is a great sleep aid and that's about it. I also take 10mg escitalopram (Lexapro) and not having much luck with that also. Time to reevaluate my meds.

• Posted

Hi Kathryn,I was on 15mgs of Mirtazapine for a year n a half taken with Venlaxine 150 mgs,I found it great for sleeping but the nightmares were Auful,I also gained 2 stone which I am still trying to lose and they dampened my intrest in everything,I was like a zombie!I lost interest in going out ect,so ober a period of 4months I weaned myself off them (still suffering withdrawal symptoms) but getting there slowly.Now they did help a bit for anxiety but I found the side effects were unbearable.I now take 5mgs of diazepam but only when needed I find just having a supply is like a "comfort blanket"!so I don't take them very often.anyway I hope you find my post a little bit helpful Best Wishes.

• Posted

I’m on 30mg mirtazapine can I reduce to 15mg ? My doctor wants me to half it I’ve been on it around 8weeks 
  • Posted

i took 15mgs of remeron and today i woke up with bad stomach ache and chills are these also common side effects. should i half the pills.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.