Mirtazapine- alcohol

Posted , 7 users are following.

Just a quick thought

Does anyone on here drink alcohol while taking mirt?

I am not a big drinker and haven't touched a drop in the 6 weeks I have been taking mirt but I just wondered?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

curious as to how much mirt you are taking?  i do have a drink now and then, i've

only gone to 1/2 of 15mg this week....started at a 1/4 back in march, thank you gavin

• Posted

Yes I regularly have one or two units and it doesn't seem to do any harm.

• Posted

I have been on mirt for 7 years now and I do have Some  drinks. The day I feel I have too much I dont take mirt that night. It depend on people to,people you dont have to absurd it....
  • Posted

Hi Gavin.Haven't drank since before I went on Mirt 10 weeks ago,but whe n i was on similar drugs I had a couple beers now and again and was fine,so you should be alright.Moderation,brother.God Bless You,Bob

• Posted

Been on mirtazapine 2 weeks now I'm not a regular drinker but did have a couple of beers over the weekend no bad effects so you should be fine in moderation

• Posted

I had a few glasses of wine and a whiskey early evening which might explain the grogginess today. No one ever mentioned cutting back when they put me on it a cpl months back.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.