Mirtazapine & Amitriptyline

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi, can you take 15mg of Mirt & 25mg of Amitriptyline together? I am finding Mirt is helping me with sleep & appetite but not yet for Depression & Anxiety (have been on Mirt for nearly 3 weeks). Have heard Armitriptyline is better for anxiety which is my main problem, rather than Depression. Thanks

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I am so sorry that you are dealing with anxiety and depression Alot of times they do use a combination. I was started on Remeron first then they added Lexapro. Anxiety is awful! I feel so bad for anyone who has it. No one could even begin to understand it unless they too have suffered. I never thought I could get better but I have. Hang in there you can and will beat this!

• Posted

I am so sorry that you are dealing with anxiety and depression Alot of times they do use a combination. I was started on Remeron first then they added Lexapro. Anxiety is awful! I feel so bad for anyone who has it. No one could even begin to understand it unless they too have suffered. I never thought I could get better but I have. Hang in there you can and will beat this!

• Posted

Thanks Darla, I don't want to take another SSRI after I took Fluoxetine with bad side effects, that's why I suggested taking Amitriptyline alongside the Mirt. Did the Mirt help you with Anxiety & Depression?

• Posted

It helped me sleep. I had not slept all night in months when I was prescribed Mirt. I was very scared to take any medication but gave in. I know you cannot function without sleep. I was unable to eat and stayed nauseated all the time. The Mirt helped with both those issues. Three years later I have tapered off the Mirt and am doing really well. I never thought I could recover but I am on my way to becoming my old happy self. You can recover too! Hang in there and never give up, you are stronger than you think.

• Posted

Same here, it has helped me sleep & appetite is great, just hasn't helped yet with Anxiety & Depression. I have only been on for nearly 3 weeks on 15mg so will give it more time to help with those issues. Thanks for your kind words Darla, all the best...

• Posted

Any time Jordan. One thing anxiety and depression has taught me is compassion for others suffering also. I felt so hopeless and that I would never get better but I fought the hardest fight of my life and can say that I am 90 percent better. You can beat this Jordan! If I can do it so can you. I went on a very low carb almost carnivore diet 3 weeks ago and the anxiety and depression is so much better. Watch some you tube videos about these diets and anxiety and depression. I truly believe in the gut connection in our mental state. There are more serotonin receptors in our gut an our brain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.