Mirtazapine and alcohol

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive been on mirtazapine for 7 months now. i am on 45 mg of mirtazapine. i am not an alcoholic and only wanna drink on special occasions. on the pill bottle it says alcohol may increase side effects which i understand and the side effects are the same as being drunk anyways. has anyone expierenced alcohol and mirtazapine

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

yeah i have.

i find if i took it the morning and drunk at night it wouldnt effect me. i drunk once an hour after taking it and really f#cked me up. i was very intoxicated off a few pints

which is strange as i can hack a good amount before being wasted. everyones body is different but in all honesty i wouldnt recomend drinking under any treatment for anxiety disorders. i completly quit drinking and i feel better physically for it

• Posted

thank for your reply. its only to drink for one halloween party just special occasions and i usually dont drink much even then

• Posted

thats cool then. just take it in the morning hours before the party.

i hope you enjoy yourself🎃🎃

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.