Mirtazapine and IBS advice needed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had no sleep at all last night due to cramps in my tummy, i tried rennie and paracetamol, hot pad but no help at all. i am on a very slow tapering from 45 mg MIRTAZAPINE and have only just started this. I would like to do this without going to the doctors can anyone suggest anything. I did try breathing excercises but in too much pain. HELP

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

how slow are you tapering?

• Posted

Hi there, 30 mg tablet with 3/4 15 mg tablet for a week then this week 30mg with 1/2 15 mg next week 30mg with 1/4 15 mg tablet and stay on 30 mg for a couple of weeks. DOC WANTED ME TO DO 45mg every other day. I said no I felt that was too much for me...

• Edited

if you feel it's too much and you are having symptoms. I would suggest a slow taper using liquid. if your doctor will support you and give you script for liquid or you can find compounding pharmacy to turn your pills into liquid. I could not get liquid but had my pills turned into liquid with a script from my doctor. this way you control amounts better. if you go this route its suggested you stay on same dose for 2 weeks before making 1st cut. I've had mild symptoms. its taken me 3.5 months to get down to 7.5mg from 15mg. I rather that than be suffering. I have Insomnia but I can't fully blame it on taper since I've had it even taking mirtazepine at regular dose that is why I'm tapering off because it never worked for my insomnia.

• Posted

My doctors are VERY unhelpful. I am i the uk and they wont prescribe liquid at all. I am on my own with this one.

• Edited

honestly it doesnt look hard. they do them in front of me in less than 10 mins. they get tablets and crush them up and you will have little particles in mixture from coating and it's fine. they mix in 60ml of syrup with 60 of 15mg crushed pills and that makes it 15mg per each ml. they put it on a prescription bottle and I bought 1ml syringe. I can cut as small as 0.3mg with each line. like I think I can do them myself that's how easy it is. of course you need pill crusher a bottle and ora plus solution. but it can be done. I got pay because I dont feel like doing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.