mirtazapine and kalms

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone know if it is ok to take kalms as a sleep aid with mirtazapine? I've read online to not take kalms with sertraline. Also anyone got any good natural sleeping aids? keep waking up at 5am and not being able to get back to sleep. It is seriously affecting my job

1 like, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hello there,

I took Kalms while on Mirt and it didnt really help me; however, as I started to taper off Mirt I started taking 5HTP and it helps with my sleep along with an eye mask ( works wonders ) ! If I do wake I can get back to sleep quite quickly.

Hope this is of help. smile

• Posted

hi whats 5HTP? if you dont mind me asking? Also did you find the mirt to even work? ive been on mirt for 2 months at 15mg and its not helped in the slightest!
    • Posted

Same for me, i've been on it for 6 an a half weeks and not helped at all, infact my sleep is worse.

• Posted

Hi

How long have you been taking mirtazapine 

I took quehiapine for 4 weeks while the Mir kicked in I sleep well now on 15mg

Regards

• Posted

Ive been on 15mg for 8 weeks now. At first it knocked me out and i slept like a baby! This last week it seems to have just stopped working. I fall asleep at about 11 and wake up at 5am every morning and cannot get back to sleep. its so weird
    • Posted

Hi what are you taking for if you mind me asking ?
  • Posted

Hi Ruby.   I took Melatonin tablets with Mirtazapine.  You cant buy them here but have to send of  to the US for them.  Let me know if you want address.  I also tried Phenergan, anti-histamines. Neither of which worked for me, but nothing worked to put me to sleep except Zopiclone, i am a chronic insomniac.  But you never know, they may work for you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.