Mirtazapine and Palpitation

Posted , 4 users are following.

Please anybody taking mirt having palpitation. I have been on mirt 7years now and am having Palpition for Some weeks now. I have done EKG,Echocardio and the Doctor say my heart is normaal just beating too Fast. Please can anybody share

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Charles,

I'm sorry to hear that you are troubled by heart palpitions, they can be alarming. It sounds like your doctor ran the usual tests and doesn't seem alarmed. If you don't feel comfortable with your doctor's evaluation, maybe a referral to a cardiologist could be considered. 

Are you sure that the Mirtazapine is causing the palpitations? Is it listed with possible side effects?  I've had palpitations and tachycardia but it's never been attributed to the pharmaceuticals (with the exception of a blood pressure med that I'm no longer on).  I don't think that this really answers your question. Wishing you well.

• Posted

Hello Karin

Thanks for your concern. When I had it in September last year i saw a cardiologist and he couldnt see anything wrong with my heart.

The doctor I saw yesterday is not sure  if the Mirt is actually related to my Palpitation, he googled it and saw it is one of the side effects of Mirt.

• Posted

It's always useful to know all the side effects of a medication. I wasn't aware that palpitations were a possible result of Mirtazapine. I am titrating down on Mirtazapine, down to 7.5 from 45 mg.  The only side effect I've experienced over 10 years has been a steady weight gain.  I wish you well.

• Posted

Greetings what about of mirtazapine are you taking?  Do you take any other psyche drug along with, ie I take prozac 10mg.  I get out of breath, no palpitations,but have been tested for everying under the sun...just saw the doctor today and it's stress

and anixerty for me...i was only taking 1/4 of the mirt, but doc said to now try

half....went down to 10 mg of prozac only today...was taking 20mg...my complaint is not the same as yours, but hope when someone writes they include there findings about being out of breath, thank you.

• Posted

Hi

I only take statin for my Cholesterol. A doctor told me also the Palpitation is due to Stress/Anxiety but I dont really believe that...

• Posted

Hi Eleanor

Shortness of breath when walking is a common side effect of Mirt', in fact there was a thread on this site regarding this recently.  When I first went on Mirt' this really worried me, every day I would get it when walking my dog.  So what dose of Mirt do you take, did you say the doctor increased it by 50% ?

Wishing you well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.