Mirtazapine AND Sertraline

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi, I've been on 45mg Mirtazapine for almost a year, and suddenly found my anxiety levels rocket, so Dr has introduced 50mg Sertra line every morning, and then 45mg Mirtazapine at night. Anyone else on both. Thanks x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I'm on Sertraline and Seroquel, so I don't know if my experience will match up with yours, but for me the sertraline didn't start working until we bumped the dosage up to 200 mg and introduced the seeroquel to balance things out. I hope that this works for you, and bear in mind that with anti depressants like sertraline it can take a couple of weeks to really start working. 

• Posted

Hi Afo

Its possible that the Mirtazapine has "pooped out", this happens after being on Mirt for a lengthy period for some people.  

Maybe do an 'interaction checker' on the internet and see what comes up for you before taking 2 AD's.  If Mirt is no longer working for you I am not sure why your doc' would want you to carry on taking it.  Be mindful if you do ever need to stop taking Mirt, usually a slow taper is required to avoid nasty discontinuation symptoms.

• Posted

I am on both but at a lower dose of mirt and 100mg sert, so probably not helpful to you.   However someone else was asking about this combination recently.  I suggest you enter "mirtazapine sertraline" into the search box on the right of this page.  

• Posted

Hi,Afo.Only been on Mirt for 6-7 weeks.15 mg for all,and 30mg for a week,so to new to give advice,but usually with other meds I've taken it takes time for your body to adjust.Good Luck and God Bless You

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.