Mirtazapine and Xanax

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is really an update I have cut back on the xanax to .25 down from .05 The mirtazapine sort of helps me sleep.I skipped 2 nights of the xanax and just took the mirtazapine slept ok then came back the next night with .25 mg of xanax with half of a 15mg Mirt. then Back to just the Mirtazapine so far i feel ok just some depression but it is not bad as i express these feelings in a journal form it helpsme work them out. I am not feeling any issues

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Carol are you trying to quit both?
    • Posted

Just the xanax I am seeing my psych Dr Monday to go over the GeneSight report I take the mirt and xanax for sleep as the xanax no longer works.I took mirt last year in reviewing my jornals of that time I noted that I was depressed but at that time I had a Dr switch me to lorazapam with no instuctions he also put me on celexa which did not work during this time i developed PMR so it was a perfect storm of a mess. So it is difficult to tell what was causing the depressed feeling
  • Posted

I'm really glad to read this, Carol. You're obviously doing better. Keep letting us know if you need to talk anything through. I was on mirtazapine for quite a while, but am off it now. I thought it was very helpful, personally, but everyone is different. Have never tried xanax, probably because it isn't prescribed in the UK.

Anyway it sounds like things are on the up for you. Me, too. I'm steadily decreasing my diazepam and managing to sleep, whch has really surprised me. Keep at it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.