mirtazapine and zopiclone

Posted , 4 users are following.

im currently being treated for depression anxiety and insomnia. my brain is my enemy and it always finds a way to make me suffer. im on 30mg of mirtazapine which i take. it was great to start with knocked me out cold. however it doesnt seem to work anymore. last few days i have dropped the mirt and reached for alcohol because my mood is so low. when i drink i feel myself again,however next day is always a shocker. today i have decided to go back to mirtazapine has i have had few days off it. i also have some zopiclone which has been in the cupboard a few months and wondering if i could take both?? what you think?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Please don't stop and start the Mirtazapine, like all anti depressants it has to be taken constantly for at least a month before it really kicks in.   I'm not being a know it all, I'm on 45 mg of Mirtazapine for anxiety and depression, believe me I know where you're coming from.   Please give the tablets a chance rather than the alchohol, it took them a while to really kick in with me.   Take care, let us know how you get on.

Madeleine.

• Posted

Yeah I will give the mirt a proper go. I just struggle with my emotions when I cant sleep
  • Posted

Was exactly my problem.  I'm not typically a depressed person but the insomnia made me depressed.    The anxiety caused my insomnia.   The Dare book helped with that tremendously.   Also, magnesium spray (spray onto skin at night) helped me sleep a lot better.   Sounds crazy but read the reviews of this stuff on Amazon.   Also, both of those books talk abotu benefits for magnesium and sleep.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.