MIRTAZAPINE AND ZOPLICONE

Posted , 6 users are following.

Iv been on mirtazapine for the last 2 years. At the start it was fine with helping me to sleep as well as helping with my depression. I have for the last 4 weeks not been sleeping most nights and find it a struggle to stay awake during the day. I have tried zoplicone in the past and found it very useful. However, it can be very addictive.

Has any1 ever taken both? I will be going back to my GP to discuss but wanted to find out if any1 has any other suggestions. HELP!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i too was on mirtazapine and zopliclone for about 18 mnths they started me on them while i was in hospital too help me sleep.they did help my phyc took me off them about a year ago as he said it was a long time too be on zopliclone. he weaned me off them gradually half ,quater so on.they are supposed too be addictive but i had no withdrawals or side affects coming off them.i justtake 30mg mirtazapine now and propananol and get a good sleeping pattern now.let me know how you get on doorby35.
  • Posted

Thanx!

Will let you know what my GP recommends!

• Posted

Hi Shak

The sleeping tablets may be addictive and i am on them with mirtazapine but i think as long as i can have a good nights sleep at the moment does it really matter that they are addictive, surely its now that you and i need them and if and when you feel you can come off of them you could do it gradually, good luck!

I have learnt in the past that i have written down all my thoughts and then burnt them and it really does get those unwanted thoughts from going around and around in my head, have a go you have got nothing to lose let me know how you get on.....worrier

• Posted

hello all,,,i understand u are talkin about mirtazapine and zopiclone,,yes the zopiclone is addictive but the newer version eszopiclone is recomended for long term use so there we go.. now u can sleep sound with no fear about gettin dependant on them...

brett

• Posted

Dear Shak,I am possibly the reverse to you and being brand new to this forum am probably not in the direction for the right answer. However I was on an constant dose of zopiclone and this stopped being effective. The brains trust came up with your drug  mirtaz,, whatever is is and that worked for about 1 year. I now find it does nothing and am increasing my zopiclone which seems to have developed a bad reputation. I love, love zopiclone and  have no bother but they are limiting my supply. Have though about internet in desperation. I do not give a damn about addiction as I have leukaemia and thats bad enough without  other issues.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.