MIRTAZAPINE - Comparing WITHDRAWAL PLANS

Posted , 3 users are following.

So, to sum it all up: there are 3 internationa organizations trying to help people come off ad. The road back, point of return and Cita.

The first two suggest to taper off by decreasing the drug at a 10 per cent rate avery two weeks. Cita also suggests a very interesting tapering plan by alternating doses.

After reading almost everything on the web about mirtazapine (I'm now at 11.5) I know that:

1) Many people jump from 45 to 0 without problems. It's as if the drug would taper itself off

2) Many people found difficult to jump from even 1mg to 0

3) People who jump from 7.5 to 0 suffer like crazy

4) there is a scientific evidence that also jumping from a minimum dose to 0 can create problems: Studies prove that sert occupancy remains at 80% even at low doses

5) The WS hits you 8 days or 2 weeks after a decrease in dosage.

5) Which leads me to believe that may be the CITA protocol is the best oone...Since even a small reduction can create a problem...It would be best to alternate doses to allow the drug to abandon the body gradually...

Please have a look at the charts about Mirta and tell me what you think.

Have a great Sunday!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Before anyone tries the road back, I spend £180 on their suplements and it was no help, some of their capsules are funny shape and irritated my throat, others like cod fish oil gave indagestion. Having said that I didn't taper by 10% as they recommend but if you had to supplement while doing taper (as they recommend) it would be a fortune!
    • Posted

I also got their supplements, had a good impression...But it's too expensive, I agree.
  • Posted

Hi

Thanks for your reply it's very helpful. I have the cita book. My dr would not give me the liquid firm and said there was No evidence it was needed!! And to take half every other day for a week then stop. Do you think what I am going through could see be withdrawal? What did you take mitt for, also have every tried 5 htp

Thanks

• Posted

Get your doctor to read the forums. The plan he gave you it's nuts, it's going to trigger off a major withdrawal. Taking 5htp while you're taking mirtazapine is also dangerous.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.