Mirtazapine cough on withdrawal

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone experienced cough and tight chest while withdrawing from mirtazapine?

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

No, Had no symptoms at all.
    • Posted

I didn't have any side effects either.  I was 45 mg but I felt awful so my doctor withdrew me over a week just by cutting the dose down.
    • Posted

I took 15 mg for nearly 3 months and it worked the next day.  I thought it was a wonder drug.  I felt fantastic.  The only dowwnside was that I was always hungry.  Then it  stopped working so I was 8 weeks on 30 mg and 3 weeks on 45.
  • Posted

Hello Lupin I can tell you that I definitely had a tight chest whilst on mirtazapine and while coming off, but after winning the battle and being off meds I can tell you it does go away in time just stick through it and think positive.  Hopefully the cough is nothing serious but see your doctor if it doesn't improve! 

Nick

• Posted

ok nickjayuk. they helped me with the with drawal of mirtz . 
    • Posted

Julie I am not saying they didn't and I am glad you are off the mirtz, I am just talking from a bit of a bad experience with medication, from one, to another, to another because of side effects I appologize if I have insulted you in any way I am just trying to get people to know the bad side effects of things before they take them - I was clueless and learnt the hard way - Again my apologies 

Nick

• Posted

hi no but did have vivid dreams. i think everyone is drifferent
  • Posted

Hello 

I have a cough that developed when tapering. Also tight chest. Had to go back on Mirt to see if it would help. 

How is your cough now? Did it go? I could do with some reassurance regarding this.

Many thanks for your help 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.