Mirtazapine, does the side effect of anger and irritability subside ??

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everybody, im new on here.

I started taking 30mg per day of Mirt 10 days ago for anxiety and panic disorder. The first few days seemed ok but I've just got worse as the days have gone on, the anxiety is still there and im getting a wierd pulse feeling in my heart.

Im feeling a little low and sort of depressed which ive never felt before, I just suffered with panic and anxiety disorder. But the main side effect I'm feeling is irritability and anger, I'm just wondering if anybody suffered the same side effects and Mirt still turned out ok for you ??

And how long was it before the anger and rage subsided !?

I switched from been on citalipram for 6 years because my anxiety came back from nowhere with avengance, so the doc put me on Mirt, but by fault of my own I started taking 2 tablets because of habit, I have been doing for years with Cit, but after 7 days and reading the packet properly my doc had said take 1 (15mg) but I decided to carry on with 2. :-/ Any advice on what I should do please ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Oh and another side effect is the endless eating im doing but im more concerned about my mental state that than that at the moment.

Thanks guys.

• Posted

Hi stu,

I'm a newbie too,i also suffer fro panic attacks and anxity they took over my life,my g.p precribed me

propananol,and for me they do work,my starting dose was gradually increased by g.p now on 40mg 3 timrs daily,i'm also on mitazapine for depression 7 day's ago m

y g.p changed me from 15mg (i was fine on that) to 30mg,so many unwanted side affects started yesterday,

But today's a new day,and i will continue on the 30mg give it a chance....yes you do tend to overeat on

mitazapine which wasn't a bad thing for me in the begining as i was really underweight i'm now a healty

weight....i find having healty low fat grab and go snaks in the

house has helped me maintain my weight

good luck in whatever you decide is right for you.m

• Posted

Hi stu,

Yes I had the same irritability and anger too, and like you I was on citalopram for 5years then switched to mirt, I have to say that mirt is much better for me,

My phyciatrist put me on a combo of Effexor and mirt which helped a lot, my advice is to take what the doctor has told you too. Good luck buddy

• Posted

Hi guys

Just want to say thanks for both of the replys, they've been a great help.

Hope all is well with you both smile

Thanks ~ Stu

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.