Mirtazapine for anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hey guys I have been on Mirtazapine now for 5 days. I felt like it greatly reduced my anxiety in the first 2 days but I now feel really anxious again just like before. Just wondered if Mirtazapine has worked for anyone else regarding anxiety? Im on 15mg

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Ruby, this may pass in another day or two. I was very agitated on days 2 and 3 and then it started to work as I had hoped. I hope you feel better soon. David.
    • Posted

Thankyou! I think im just worrying about it working which is making my anxiety worse haha! 
  • Posted

I was on 15 then uped to 30 it has nearly got rid of my anxiety plus am no longer depressed would give it a go. Good luck
    • Posted

Almost straight away, it still seems strange not to wake up panicking, have a lot of dreams and sleep well but can't stop eating. The side affects are different for everybody. Good luck judith
  • Posted

Hi R - I started to feel better after 4 days and I think it was working fully after a few weeks. 
    • Posted

Im starting to worry as ive just finished day 5 and dont seem to feel any better
    • Posted

Hi Ruby,

Don't wory, it takes around 4 weeks, can even take 8 weeks as it did with me. We're all different. It's a good med, just be aware it can take time to taper of it when your ok again.

Be patient and take care

Norm

• Posted

It varys from person to person, some notice beneficial effects within a week and others it can take 2-4weeks for more noticeable reduction in symptoms. There is no quick fix with this sort of treatment and I'd give it about a month before deciding if it's working for you or not, I've been on mirt nearly 2 weeks now with only a slight improvement in my depression with little effect on my anxiety just yet. I might be going up to 30mg soon. 
    • Posted

Morning everybody, I have been on 30 for three weeks now and my panics and depression are creeping back in. Been taking diazapam to get me through, want to go up to 45 but not sure if this will help, don't know weather to try it. Any body been like this? 
  • Posted

Hi Ruby, I've been taking mirtazapine for nearly 5 months now, for depression and anxiety. It can take a few weeks to start feeling the benefits of mirtazapine, I did still feel quite high anxiety in the first couple of weeks, but now I feel so much better and don't get severe anxiety anymore. The time it takes can be different for everyone, all I can say is try to be patient with it smile.
    • Posted

Think it will up it to 45 can't go down again and don't want to rely on diazapam, just want to get on with my life
    • Posted

I saw that you have been on it for 3 weeks. It did take me at least 4 to 5 weeks to noticeably start feeling better. If you are really struggling though it would be worth talking to your doctor again, I was there nearly every week in the beginning, and I'm someone who doesn't like going to the doctors and don't go regularly at all, before this I hadn't been for 3 years!
    • Posted

Spoke to doctor and hr said to go up to 45ml and see how it affects me so will try tonight and let you know. Hope everybody is ok judith
    • Posted

Ah hope it goes well for you and you start feeling better soon!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.