Mirtazapine for anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

So it's now been a full 42 days since I started taking mirtazapine. I was on 15mg until 6 days ago when I was told to increase it to 30mg because I was starting to feel a little unwell again. Now I am feeling even worse. When I first started taking mirtazapine it quickly gave me my appetite back, made me interested in things again and I was on the way back to normal again. What happened around day 27 I don't understand. The medication says it can take 4 to 6 weeks so I should be feeling much better by now yet I can't even sleep due to anxiety and the negative thoughts that antidepressants should help with.

Has anybody had any similar experience or know what is going on? Thanks

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.