Mirtazapine for menopause anxiety?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies

I will make this post short as you are all well aware of the awful symptoms

I am two years post meno and my anxiety is out of control

I can no longer function and im sure moving house and getting coronovirus hasnt helped

Ive been really poorly

My question is has anyone taken mirtazapine for their anxiety?

I was on it four years ago for about a year and i believe it helped back then

I just wanted some feedback

I constantly feel like i cant breath which has always been an anxiety symptom for me but being ill with this virus is also a symptom

Im in a cycle of not knowing what symptoms are real anymore

I have only been in this new house four weeks nothing seems familiar

Im such a mess right now x

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

Hi love. ive never used mirazapine but suffered with anxiety for the last 5 month since the menopause hit me like a bolt outta the blue.

i too struggle to breath properly & suffer with some illness every other day. it gets worse everytime. this site is the only thing keeping me sane lately x hope you get some answers x

• Edited

Hi Michelle I used it at the beginning of peri about 2 years ago. Im in my 3rd year of peri. My dr put me on it short term because he didnt want me on it for a long time. He was concerned about my weightloss, I lost alot of weight from the anxiety. I did manage to gain some back while on the meds.

Later on down the road , another dr wanted me back on but i couldnt tolerate it this time. It seem to worsen my anxiety, so immediately stopped. Some people kept telling me it would get better along but it was too unbearable.

• Edited

Thank you Mary i know the anxiety could possibly get worse before better

It is something i will need to consider x

• Posted

Hi Michelle

Ive been taking mirtazapine for the last few years for anxiety/depression. Since i started peri menopause ive struggled badly with anxiety. Its been a really miserable few years.

My dose was upped and it definitely helped with sleep. I hope it helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.