Mirtazapine for nerve pain

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi

At present I'm taking 30mg of Mirtazapine at night which

gives me a reasonable night's sleep but doesn't help with

the pain in my feet during the day. Is anyone out there

taking this drug for this complaint and if so what relief

do you get? Any comments would be helpful. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Woodie

I used to suffer pain when walking and also tingling burning sensation in feet at night.

I went to see a podiatrist who gave me Shockwave Therapy and custom made insoles.

Not cheap but my pain has decreased significantly, also wearing socks at night to keep feet warm and increase the blood flow to toes has made sleeping so much better. 

• Posted

Hi John. Thanks for the reply. I only retired at Christmas and

this distressing condition has come on since then. I feel the

pain most when standing and sitting down in the evening.

I had a nerve conduction test on Monday so awaiting the

results from that. I feel the heat especially and very often

have a hot sweat when turning over in bed. Can I ask

what medication you take?

• Posted

Not on any medication

My problem was with the long tendon running through the foot this had thickened and was giving me pain. The shockwave treatment stimulated my bodies maintenance system and this appeared to put itself right.

The socks at night keep your feet warm and so let the blood get right into the toes which helps with the pain also takes away the hot tingling sensation. Although I too feel hot in bed my feet can still be cold.

Good luck solving your problem

• Posted

hello,

I suffer from about the same thing as you do..but it's not as bad as it was a few years back. I have preferial neurophy with arthrits and bone damage in my feet. I have tryed just about every med that the Drs could think of, with no real good results. I now take clonazepam and Indomethacin (a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug ). these two drugs take the edge off of the pain so that I can at least do some things. I also wear pure wool socks 90% of the time, especially at night. There is something about the wool socks that takes the edge off the pain, regular socks don't seem to work as well.

It's important for you to find out what is causing your pain. the test you are going to take will only tell you what the problem is and the dr will most likely give you a treatment plan with no insight as to what is causing the problem. Been there, done that!

what caused mine was high Uric acid levels(gout) in my blood and I had to go to a differant specilists to find that out. once I got that under control the pain seemed to taper off to a manageable level

• Posted

Hi, thanks for your input. Just to say that I have had all the usual

bloods taken: thyroid, b12, RA, diabetes, full count, Lyme, 24hr

water test. The dr carrying out the nerve test asked if had had any

illness recently which is not the case. I was in admin for a granite

fabrication comp for eleven years but didn't come into contact with

any chemicals so don't think there is any link there. When walking,

no problems.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.