Mirtazapine for physical symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

I will probably be starting Mirtazapine next week and wondered if it has helped anyone with the physical symptoms of anxiety or depression. Does it help anyone with pain relief at all ? 

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

sorry to say it didn't help me I was on them for about 3 month and found the side affects were worse than the symptoms.but everyone is different.they did help me sleep. ive got bad arthritis in my knees but they didn't do anything for the pain.but they could work for you.
    • Posted

Hi Dave. Thanks for your comment. Hope you've managed to get some relief since. 
  • Posted

Hi, I have been on them for 6 weeks at 30mg and as well as helping with sleep they have helped with anxiety too.  A lot of people suffer with sedation and increased appetite however, despite being sensitive to medication, I have not suffered any side effects on mirtazapine.  They have not helped with my depression though however I have quite severe depression.  You may find that your anxiety heightens a little for a few days when you start taking them but this does calm down again.  I really hope you.  Take care
  • Posted

*i really hope you get on well with them!
    • Posted

Hi Gen. Many thanks for your comment. I'm currently already on citalopram, but that doesn't seem to be helping at the moment. Fingers crossed that Mirtazapine will help. My depression is pretty bad too. I hope that something helps you soon. All the best.

James. 

• Posted

Unfortunately I'm haivng an allergic reaction to this drug so coming off it under the advise of my pharmasist (& of course common sense). It does help you sleep though!
    • Posted

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully my sleep will improve if anything. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.