Mirtazapine for sleep problems/anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I am on 15mg Mirt dose, which I started in October 2022. I am taking it because I had problems sleeping.

I tried everything in the past, nothing worked (medicines, herbals, change of routine, alternative therapies, sleeping pills, etc.), I swapped from Citalopram to Mirt. It worked well at the begining, even though I was on a 0.25 of the pill. I am now increasing to 0.5 of pill. My first question is: will I have to increase the dose each time it stops working for me in the future? This is not the way I want to function and issues with neuropathy do bother me. My second question is: is there any other option for me to sleep better?

My thyroid tests appear to be fine.

Any suggestions?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi. I had problem with insomnia, started taking mirt 15mg and in the first 2-3 weeks I slept almost 8h rvery night but after 3 weeks it seems it stopped working. I increased the dose but still last two nights weren't good no more. If it doesn't help with sleep I think I'm gonna quit it cause it makes me nervous during the day.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.