Mirtazapine help! For Calmer :)

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hey calmer,

Im hoping you could help me?

Little bit about my story.

3 months ago was a fit healthy man (32) loving work and enjoying life. I have recently had a little baby girl (6 months old).

3 months ago I started to get panic attacks and racing thoughts when I tried to sleep.

I went to my GP he prescribed me sertraline, worst mistake of my life(lasted 8 days on them).

I then went back and he prescribed me Mirtazapine.

I took 7.5mg for 3 days then moved up to 15mg for roughly 2 weeks. On the second week I thought these ain't doing much for my anxiety and I stopped taking them. Big mistake!!! I've never been depressed, within a few days I was in a black hole, crying etc.

I made the choice to reinstate the 15mg dose for 2 weeks, went back to the GP because I still thought they wasn't doing much for my anxiety. He increased my dose to 30mg. I've now been at this dose for a week and I still don't feel right, I know people say stick at it for 4-6 weeks but I'm starting to believe the mirt is causing OCD type intrusive thoughts which I've never had before in my life.

I'm seeing a privets counsellor which i think is helping more than the tablets.

Basically I want of these tablets! Even though I've only been on them a short time i believe they are causing more problems than they are fixing.

Making me lazy, not wanting to leave the house, not wanting to drive, OCD intrusive thoughts, and can't work.

I just want to get it out my system, I've forgot what the real me felt like, I feel kinda numb?

I'm writing to you because you seem to have the knowledge and information to help me get of these.

How do I go about it?

Thank you in advance.

Jimmy

3 likes, 34 replies

34 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hello jimmy,

Your not going mad,this is the Mirtazipine

I never knew what Anxiety really was until I'd taken Mirt,

I've been 6 weeks without taking this drug and I was only taking it for 6weeks to start with.

This so-fare has been the worst mistake of my life,how after 6weeks can a drug affect me this way!

I hope in time we can put this behind us,I'm sure you need to have the old you back?

One thing I've learnt anything from this is I like the old me,and my family loved the way I were too,

In time I'm sure you'll be loving life the way you were, I'm feeling better everyday that goes by.

I wish you all the luck in the world!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.