Mirtazapine increased libido side effect

Posted , 8 users are following.

Has anyone else found their libido has increased on taking mirtazapine?

If so does it calm down as its starting to distress me.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, at 15mg I noticed an increase not only with my desire but my actual responce was way more powerful but at 30mg the opposite. Low desire and poor physical responce. I am planning to discuss this with my doctor and hope to be able to return to "normal" without loseing the depression/anxiety benefit. 

• Posted

Anyone taking mirtazapine 15mg, how soon did you notice that there was an increase in libido? Was it days, weeks? Because I noticed an increase in appetite within one day along with drowsiness and the ability to sleep again. 
  • Posted

I think I can write a book about this medication as well as the way I respond to different brands. I have an increased libido and it’s bothersome having various crushes on people. 
    • Posted

From a male perspective I can say that it is one of the few antidepressants that have a positive effect on libido. I also take escitalopram which has the opposite effect. Mirtazapine (Remeron) is a tetracyclic and escitalopram (Lexapro) is an SSRI. Losing the pleasures of sex is a major complaint of those taking SSRI meds.
  • Edited

how long after starting mirtazapine did you notice an increase in libido?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.