Mirtazapine lowering

Posted , 3 users are following.

has anyone any help to share about how to deal with nausea whilst lowering please

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Ann did you ask the doc for something for nausea?  The best medicine is on prescription I understand. 
    • Posted

Thanks, yes ive got buccastem, not terribly effective some days but better than nothing. Thanks for asking
    • Posted

Hi

Can i ask how you are doing your taper and off what dose ?

I plan on starting once i m off the olanzapine from 45 mg. Am very nervous as my last attempt only lasted 2 days. Nausea was not the problem then migranes were. Ginger helps me.

• Posted

I have gone very slowly, taken a lot of advice from this site. 10% each cut and stabilise for a while before next one seems to be the norm.   The side effects are not pleasant but i think if you can ride them out you will feel better.  I know you feel like going back up after a couple of days but try to be strong as better days are coming.  Message me anytime.
    • Posted

Thanks.

What dose were you on and for how long ?

As i am on 45mg it will take a couple of years i think. Some people seem to be able to get off this easily. Then ive got a diazepam taper to do.

• Posted

Same as me. Mirtaz first then diaz taper.  Everyone is different so its impossible to say how long to come off, listen to your body and when you stabilise, move down a bit more.  It takes time but everyone says its worth doing it properly, not like my gp who said half then quarter then off in two months!!!!

i tried to get dose up but never got further than 30 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.