mirtazapine night sweats

Posted , 13 users are following.

a great tablet for helping with sleep but fairly chaotic sweating occurs in night sometimes  4 changes of nightware . I think this is a hushed up side effect of mirtazapine. would like to continue use but the sweating stuff is really abnormal and a bit scarey. stop taking it and the sweats stop...pretty conclusive don't you think.!!

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I have been taking 45mg mirt for 4 years now along with venlafaxine and I have questioned my sweating with every doctor I have seen. Having read through lots of remarks it seems you like to blame sweats on high blood pressure or alcohol. I have normal blood pressure and don't drink at all. Yesterday I got the answer after everyone denying that's exactly what these meds do. My best friend also takes mirt although a lower dose and is wet through like me day and night. Not just a hot flush either, I mean soaking. It's embarrassing and stops me socialing because of it. Every night is the same wet through and cold then pull the quilt up when cold to start leaking sweat again. I took my last sleeping tablet last night which I've been holding back until needed which is maybe once a month when I need a good night's sleep as exhausted and low from not sleeping due to sweats.

Venlafaxine also causes sweats and vivid dreams nightmares. Great . Yesterday after asking professionals all this time, I was given the answer from my therapist who is very knowledgeable regarding meds.

I have already started cutting down on the mirt by cutting it in half as I have been told NOT to stop them but this horrible sweating I can't cope another year with.

• Posted

Hi Linda

All that I know is that now that I am not taking Mirtazapine I no longer have drenching night sweats. I still sleep too well and will have nights with recurring dreams but they are dry night!

• Posted

Hi Sue.

I am on 35mg of mirt....down from 45mg. Also venlaflaxine. I get terrible night sweats they are alot worse as i approach my period. I do not drink alcohol or have high bp. How long did it take you to get of mirt and did you have withdrawals ?

• Posted

The sweating is unbelievable. I can't vacuum without having sweat dripping into my eyes. Sometimes I have to shower several times a day. I woke at 3 AM last night and my whole body was wet. Best to take electrolytes if it continues.

• Posted

I am also sweating and wake up with the whole bed underneath me wet. I gained 30 lbs taking this med. I had to put a lock on my refrigerator, no joke. How much are you taking? I had so many side effects I could only get to 15mg. Now I have to wean off. Good luck
  • Posted

Yeah the sweating is horrible on them .When ever I Stop them it allways goes . Then start back on them its starts again l go a depression where lots of people there are on mirtazapine and say it makes them sweat loads but i find the ssri meds even worse for the sweating

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.