Mirtazapine not sleeping

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi

Been on mirtazapine for 2months

15 in the morning

15 at night

Been doing this as I couldn't sleep on 30 at night

Few days ago I stopped sleeping on my usual 15 at night.

Had this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions?

Thanks

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi gavin.  yes anybody taking mirtazapine get use to the dose they are on .this is the problem that everbody will go through on mirt . personally if you went back to the gps i think they would just increase the dose .on hear you see people complaining about mirt but i say it again and again its something that the body get use to. and i would give it time on 30 at night . i hope the info was helpful to you and wish you well.
    • Posted

Hi, what I know about mirtazopen is working much better with lower dose like 7.5 mg for sleep. Higher dose is more for depression and anxiety. Lower is for sleep problem. 

I hope you will get better with your sleep issues.

• Posted

hi eva .  in some cases that can be true but it depends on the serveraty of the condition in question . there are a lot of different ones mirt is even used in neurological head injurys in brain and nerves .as well as depression and anxiety our health always comes first . nice talking to you thanks john.
  • Posted

Hi Gavin,I' ve been on Mirt for 5 1/2 months now starting at 15 mg than upping to 30 mg in February.They wanted me to take all 30 mg at night as well but I told my psyc that I needed 15 mg during the day for anxiety/depression,so I've been taking it exactly the way you are for over 4 months.I've been able to sleep for about 6 hours a night good anymore after that,sketchy.I think you could wait a couple more weeks and then talk to your doc.It may just not be working as well for you.God Bless You,Bob

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.