mirtazapine only help me sleep do nothing for depres

Posted , 2 users are following.

my dr prescribed me these yrs ago mainly for depression and anxiety I think my anxiety is much better I can only sleep with these but make me un motivated and more depressed any othr anti depressents can any1 reccomend please ps put 7 stone on ince using ta

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

hi lisa

ask your dr to try you on something else there are plenty of drugs out there that should help you or give these a bit longer to take effect tell him they are putting you two much weight on and you do not want this to happen they obviously not the right one for you and you want to be motivated not half alseep all the time keep posting

christine

• Posted

thanks christine im spking fo a dr today iv tried many anti depressents , loads but under the influence of street drugs ßo I cudnt have told him if they worked or not as I was always up and down , iv not used for 5 yrs and been off prescribed substitute for 19 days so I will ask about a change its a vicious circle as he prob wont give me sleeping pills as a recovering addict but I dont need sedating in day which mmirt do thanks for ur advice , much appreciated . x
  • Posted

hi lisa

some one on one of the threads asked there dr if they could have sleeping tablets to help them instead of going cold turkey if this would help you ask him or go to a dr out of your district tell them you have run out of them you don't need a reapet perscription to do this and they dont ring your dr i no this is right yrs ago i had a narrow boat and called at dr's on way round on our journey as we went 6 months at a time i used to ring my own dr's before i new when i was going when i put a request in for them got them then on way round walked into a dr's and request them again the dr only new when i got back i had some while away but never in 8yrs of doing this questioned me on it so hope this can help you the same way mine was zopiclone 7.5 twice at night but its worth a try you need to take a bus drive away to get them you tell the dr were you get them from you are on a holiday or you wont get them then do the same again till you can get a stock up on them.

good luck

christine

• Posted

thanks chritine for ur ad vice , I was on hard drugs for 20yrs and tried every anti dep gpoing but obvs I didnt even know if they worked as I was up n down anyway , since I got prescribed meds for drugs 5 yrs ago ( never touched illegal since) I stayed on mirtrazapine , it made me not suicidal but depressed still but just left it and hibernated, I stopped all meds (subutex) 21 days ago and now im clean the mirt are makin me feel sedated tho r great for sleep im seeing dr on tues, but as im a recovering addict its unlikely il get zopoclone , il keep u posted thanks.
  • Posted

sorry for repeating myself iv just read it wll feel such a fool soz new to this x
  • Posted

hi lisa

im proud to say how open you are and tell your terrible story this must have been really hard to admit your were a drug addict but now you are clear so yes you keep me posted think of this as a new chapter in your life you are on the way up now you may have good days and bad try to get out and vist freinds go enjoy yourself ok

love.

christine x

keep posting

• Posted

thanku chritine im so proud most of the old friends od or got all sorts so im 1 of the lucky ones thanks for support il keep u posted hope u get sorted too alll the best lisa xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.